As we reach completion of the Trago Mills project based in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales, we are delighted to have received exemplary positive feedback from the Trago Mills project team at Kier Construction. Upon reaching practical completion, the senior project manager has acknowledged and praised the hard work provided by AB Glass’ team.
AB Glass were enlisted by Kier Construction to undertake the installation of AA100 curtain wall screens, AA540 windows and doors, as well as AA720 and AA190 doors at the site, located at Swansea Road, Merthyr Tydfil.
This will be Trago Mills’ first discount retail store in Wales, adding to its three stores based in Cornwall and Devon.
Huw Davies, Project Manager at AB Glass commented:
“We are thrilled to receive this positive acknowledgment from such a prestigious organisation as Kier Construction. This recognition demonstrates the expertise and high quality service that we are able to deliver on such significant developments, and I must also take this opportunity to thank our hard-working team for their continued dedication to delivering an exceptional service.
“Trago Mills will be a fantastic addition to Merthyr Tydfil, and we are looking forward to the official opening this month.”
Aluminium manufacturing and installation company AB Glass has been appointed by Kier Construction to provide its services at a new primary school based in Briton Ferry, Neath Port Talbot.
Currently under construction, Ysgol Carreg Hir is being built on the former Cwrt Sart Comprehensive school site. The new school will provide facilities for some 420 pupils and the nursery will accommodate 35 children.
AB Glass, based in Swansea, is providing the design, manufacture and installation of aluminium systems for the project. Kawneer AA100 curtain walling, AA190 doors,
AA545 doors and AA540 windows are being used at the site.
The contract value is worth £220,000 to AB Glass, with the company starting work on the project earlier this year. The new school is planned to open in autumn 2018.
Nigel Harvey, operations director at AB Glass, said:
“This is a fantastic development to be involved with and we are pleased to see the site beginning to take shape. We are thrilled to once again be working with Kier Construction on such a great education project. It shows our long lasting relationship with major contractors, which we are very proud of. We look forward to seeing the completion of this new primary school later this year.”
Ysgol Carreg Hir adds to a number of education based projects AB Glass has been involved with in the South Wales region. The company has also provided its services to Ysgol Gyfun Ystalyfera, Neath Port Talbot; Ysgol Bae Baglan, Neath Port Talbot; and the new University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) campus being developed in Swansea Waterfront.
Do you want to work for our award winning team?
AB Glass is looking for an experienced estimator.
AB Glass is experiencing continued growth and is looking for an experienced estimator to play a pivotal role in the future of this ambitious company. Reporting to the Business Development Manager and aiding an expert team of estimators with your knowledge and experience, you will be a key member of this department. A commensurate salary/package will be offered dependent upon experience.
AB Glass is proud of its record and awards as an Equal Opportunities Employer and applications are welcomed from all who believe they fit the essential requirements of this role.
- Utilising a combination of specialist (e.g. Logikal) and commonly-used software (i.e. Microsoft Office) to price and quote an array of aluminium glazing solutions for various commercial projects ranging from £25K to £5M
- A 360 degree approach to pricing and securing projects, following up all quotes with clients
- Managing and adjusting quotes, where necessary, to secure the business
- Providing advice and support to a team of estimators as required
- Attendance at site and pre-contract meetings with Commercial Manager, Project Management and Quantity Surveying staff as required
- Communicating with customers, suppliers and architects via email, telephone and in face-to-face meetings on or off AB Glass’ premises (some travelling will therefore occasionally be required).
- Proven track record in the façade’s industry
- Experience communicating with a range of contacts including contractors, materials and systems manufacturers, and senior members of the business
- A tenacious and ambitious attitude towards securing and developing new business
- Understanding of the technical and professional aspects of estimating and the need to continually develop and maintain technical knowledge
- Highly organised with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Analytical with an excellent eye for detail
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- A strong level of numeracy
- Excellent level of accuracy and administrative efficiency
- Ability to plan and schedule work
- Experience with Logikal and similar industry standard estimator software, as well as a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and formulas
- Recent experience with aluminium or a similar material for window and door systems
- Relevant industry knowledge, in particular, the principles of building physics and structure in so much as it relates to our services; good knowledge of curtain walling, doors and window façade products, and current building regulations.
For more information or to apply, please contact Nigel Harvey: email@example.com
AB Glass is currently looking for an Office / Factory Cleaner to work 16 hours per week on site in our Fforestfach offices and production facility.
AB Glass is one of the UK’s leading architectural aluminium manufacturers and installers which specialise in the manufacture and installation of facades, curtain walling, windows, doors and structural glass assemblies for both the domestic and commercial markets. From our office and production facility in Swansea we offer nationwide coverage with a first rate quality service surpassing the high standards that you would expect, from the point of initial enquiry to post-installation service.
Duties to include but not limited to:
Providing a high quality cleaning service that includes tasks such as:
- Cleaning of the staff canteen area and staff rest room
- Cleaning of the toilets
- Cleaning of the factory
- Mopping of communal areas
- Dusting within offices
- Cleaning in reception / board room areas
- Emptying bins and sorting recycling in all areas
- The successful candidate will be hard-working
- Available immediately
- Have previous cleaning experience if possible; however, this is not necessary
- 16 hours per week – 5 days a week – Hours to be negotiated
- Minimum Wage
AB Glass, an aluminium manufacturing and installation company based in Swansea, has been awarded a contract by Willmott Dixon to carry out works at a new school development in North Devon.
Route 39 Academy is a multi-million pound two-storey development that will provide 700 places for students between 11 and 18 years of age. Willmott Dixon – the country’s only carbon neutral construction company – appointed AB Glass to provide design and installation services at the new Route 39 Academy development.
AB Glass began work on the project during December 2017. The aluminium system being installed by the company for the project includes Kawneer AA100 curtain walling and AA720 doors. The contract value is worth £90,000 to AB Glass.
The new sustainably-designed school is planned to open in September 2018.
Nigel Harvey, operations director at AB Glass, said:
“We are thrilled to be a part of such a unique project as the Route 39 Academy. It is an incredibly sustainable development and has been designed in such a way to fit the area’s beautiful landscape.
“This project adds to a number that we have carried out within the education sector and bolsters our many years’ experience on large construction sites. We look forward to the opening of the completed school this coming September.”
The Route 39 Academy development is yet another project AB Glass has secured in the South West region recently. The company has also provided its services to Callywith College in Cornwall and is currently working on the Carluddon Technology Park development on the outskirts of St Austell, Cornwall.