AB Glass has an exciting opportunity for a trainee estimator to join our existing estimating team, based at our Swansea office. Typical projects include hospitals, schools, universities, student accommodation and large building projects for the commercial market and also smaller contracts for the domestic market. Tenders values in the range of £1k – £3million for national builders, developers, architects and domestic customers.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Building on relationships with clients and key suppliers.
• Working as part of the estimating team to negotiate and secure orders.
• Liaising with and reporting to senior estimators and commercial management.
• Managing tenders. During tender start-up discussing and establishing bid-winning strategy. Meeting with tender team, collating author contributions, and editing to produce coherent documents for submission.
• Estimating from first principles; establish productivity and assign labour, plant and material resources to tasks.
• Producing accurate costs, and identify key risks and opportunities to enable effective tender settlements.
• Negotiate final contract sums and attend pre-order meetings, with the assistance of senior management.
• Liaise with other departments such as buying, quantity surveying and contracts management.
Ideal candidates will:
• Be able to show adaptability; a willingness to learn and succeed, a passion to develop and have a general knowledge and basic understanding of construction.
• Good communicator
• Strongly able and want to learn more about products and problems/solution
• Computer Literate
In return we offer a steady workload; on-going training, a full order book going forward, good work / life balance. If interested send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on Swansea 584440. Take a look at our web site on www.abforglass.co.uk