AB Glass has a position available for an architectural technician/architectural technologist with curtain walling, façade or glazing experience.
You will be working for a well-established, highly recognised fenestration and curtain walling company based in Swansea. AB Glass specialises in the supply and design of curtain walling, architectural aluminium and building façades.
The most suitable architectural technician will have great customer service experience capabilities, as they will be working closely alongside clients to discuss highly technical enquires and cost-effective design proposals via telephone and email.
The architectural technician will need to be highly proficient in AutoCAD. Any practical experience working with Revit or BIM would be advantageous.
As an architectural technician, you will have proven industry experience and a good understating of the building regulations and BS standards relating to the design and workings of window, door and curtain-walling systems.
The role could also suit a CAD technician, part-qualified architect, architectural technician or an architectural technology graduate who is looking for a progressive role within a well established company.
- Produce high-end drawings and AutoCAD design proposals
- Answer email, fax and verbal technical queries
- Assess applications for oversize windows and doors
- Answer technical design questions from customers, the company’s sales team and installers.
- Attend meetings to discuss client requirements
- Previous work experience of using AutoCAD (essential) and REVIT (desirable)
- Knowledge of curtain walling, window, door and structural glazing design
- Good understanding of building construction, methods and regulations
- Previous experience working with clients and architects via telephone and email
- Salary (DOE)
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
For more information or to apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org