Permanent, Based in Fforestfach, Swansea
AB Glass (Doors and Windows) Ltd., based in Fforestfach Swansea, has a vacancy for an experienced Quantity Surveyor. We are looking for someone with self-motivation and drive. You MUST have experience and be motivated to join our already successful team.
As a quantity surveyor you will be expected to manage all costs/ financials relating to commercial construction and domestic projects, from the initial calculations to the final account. Working at our Swansea offices you will be involved in all projects from the start to the finish.
You will seek to minimise the cost of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met. You will assist in the preparation of estimates and costs of the work and when the project is in progress, keep a track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability (GP).
Responsibilities – as a quantity surveyor, you will need to:
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Prepare work in progress (WIP) reports
- Prepare applications for payment
- Prepare sub-contractor’s payments
- Assist the Financial Director on all project financial matters
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking skilled time served individual preferably with a QS construction background to join our award-winning dedicated team. You will report to the Managing Director / Directors.
Salary / package dependant on experience
For more information on this position or to apply, please contact Lucy Brayley: email@example.com